Our current—and soon to be former—sitter isn't so keen on crafting. I don't think it's that she doesn't like crayons and markers. I think it has more to do with the amount of time the kids spend in the car or sleeping = no time to create, to invent.
I love crafts. I adore that side of my brain. I want to sing and read and draw and shape. And I realized a few months ago that I haven't done much of the latter two in recent years. When Noah arrived, I forgot about how I used to cross stitch or how I've always wanted to scrapbook.
That's why I am so thrilled that Noah is old enough to do some very basic crafting (beyond Crayola). On my weekly (or trice-weekly) trips to Wal-Mart, I almost always waltz through the kid craft aisle, and I've turned up some real treasures. Like this...
Noah in my old t-shirt with a mess of brushes, ready to dig in!
Here are our finished products: Mommy's Thomas-inspired train, and Noah's Monsters Inc-inspired monster. It took several different sessions to get most of the monster covered. He was mostly white with blobs, until I convinced Noah to add more paint.
More nifty projects ahead: ornaments, holiday treats, and a whole mess of ceramics.
Friday, December 4, 2009
DaVinci!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love crafting and so do the kids but they can make it a little stressful. Like today Ian dumped a whole tube of blue glitter on the kitchen floor. :)
The train and monster turned out great can't wait to see whats next.
you need to open up a studio, I love love love craftin with the kiddies.
We should get together and all do something (probably NOT in anyones house that we like hee hee) oh the fun we will have.
Cannot wait to see the next ones.
Love you
Ems
Post a Comment