Saturday, December 19, 2009

I found the jolly in my holly


Just in time for Christmas... the first snow. Noah is dying to get outside and play, so I had to capture a picture of it looking untouched and pristine before we sled and make snow angels.

When he saw the blanket of white this morning in our front yard he said, "Snow!" And then he remarked, "Did the snow put all those sticks in the yard too?" Alas... a fresh covering of twigs and branches came down a few weeks ago with the wind storm, but until everything was covered in white it all blended in!

The snow is the perfect backdrop to our newly decorated living room. The tree and the decorations went up last weekend/early this week, and I've been enjoying the glow from the lights ever since.





Today also marks our first family Christmas. Noah and I are headed to Navarre for my Dad's extended family gathering (David, of course, is in the woods for this last weekend of deer gun season). And so it begins!

1 comment:

JWilson said...

I'm glad you were able to get your decorations up and they look wonderful.