It wasn't that long ago that I boasted of Noah's early potty adventures. I spoke too soon. Little man is taking a pretty firm anti-potty stance these days. He'll sit on the potty, but he's not interested in staying there long enough for the magic to happen. Not an even a promise of something sugary can convince him that flushing is the way to go.
But I'm not too shy about trying a number of different potty-training approaches, including one where you try out big-boy underwear in attempt to get your toddler to feel "icky" when he piddles in them... thus encouraging use of the throne.
A few weeks ago I thought, "Why not?" I pulled out the big-kid undies, which Noah thought were a pretty big deal, shimmied them up his backside and then covered them with a pair of loose-fitting sweats.
For posterity, a picture of Noah in his first pair of tighty whities.
Alas, the whole experiment was a flop. Three times I rescued him from dripping-wet pants, each time with an oblivious toddler. No discomfort there (except for me, of course).
The third time was the charm for me... back to diapers and the drawing board!
Monday, November 9, 2009
Underwear flop
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh how I remember those days so well with both of mine. For me potty training was a HUGE pain in the butt because neither of mine had much intrest no matter what method I tried. They did both eventually catch on so don't give up he will get there soon! :)
Ewww. Yeah- No need to hurry that! Gotta hate changing those pee soaked pants. .. But he looks cute!
Post a Comment