I wasn't in a hurry to get back to work after our Myrtle Beach vacation this August. Instead, I took Monday off and spent a little one-on-one time with Noah. We had no great vision for the day other than to enjoy it—one of my last carefree days before the business of fall swallowed me whole.
So, we fired up the GPS and off we went!
We first tried out Dillon Dam, about 30 minutes south of our house. This state park has a great beach and swimming area, plus a kiddie wading pool. Too bad we found out the next day that that mysterious plumes of blue-green algae were rendering the swimming there unsafe. Whoops. But we didn't see any algae, so I'm assuming we're not secretly suffering from any man-eating algae diseases.
After we hit the beach, we made our way to the wading pool for a while. Noah dug the fountain, and I enjoyed dipping in my toes.
Feeling inspired, I decided to hit up the Hartford Fair before heading home. Sure, it was a million degrees that day and I had neglected to bring a stroller, but what the heck. We discovered the corn tractor table and the pretend milking cow in the kid barn...
...and this cool bungee-jump ride for kids. The operator asked me, "Does he like to go high?" I said, "Absolutely!" So he jiggered the cables to send Noah even closer to the clouds, much to his delight.
The Clydesdales were there too. But they were so safely kept we only got to view their well groomed hienies.
I may have overshot the day's schedule a bit. With just an hour in at the fair Noah was feeling the 90-degree heat and the lack of nap. So we didn't dally, and instead headed home to rest our weary bones.
Still, I love days like that—no clocks, no worries, nothing but me and my man.


1 comment:
It sounds like a very fun day. I am starting to miss those warm summer days already.
Post a Comment