I know, I know. It's October. Leaves are falling from trees at rapid rates and right now I'm cozied up in a Buckeye sweatshirt wondering if tonight we'll get our first frost. Today obviously has no connection to a 95-degree day oceanside at Myrtle Beach. But, that's precisely where I left off before I took my longest-ever (unintentional) blog vacation. Life... well, it took over for a while. But if you'll indulge me, I'd like to go back and remember how much fun the trip was. Besides, all the sunny, beachy pictures are therapeutic when I'm staring down snow by next month. On to Myrtle...
We decided on Myrtle Beach because Noah loves all things sand & water. It was an excellent decision.
The beach! The ocean! Look at all that gorgeous white sand.
Noah's first steps in the ocean. That water was easily 80-something degrees warm. It was fabulous.
Photo shoot on the beach. Couldn't resist.
Goofy dudes.
I think this was our first family shot of the year!
Our hotel size is a direct indicator of our budget for the trip. See that big one on the right? Now look one left—that tiny little guy in its shadow. That was our hotel.
Miniature golf at Hook's, pre-meltdown.
This skeleton spooked Noah so much he launched into full toddler tantrum.
We tried to fly a kite, but it was, officially, TOO windy. We shredded that kite to bits.
One night we went to an amusement park, and Noah was in riding glory. On the bugs...
...these cool helicopters, with a little girl who tried to pick him up until she learned he was only three...
...and this swirly motorcycle ride.
Thanks to the old-fashioned log-style ride, we also walked around the park wet for a few hours. Ick.
Noah decided to "surf" like the big kids on his Buzz Lightyear paddle board.
A favorite hobby that week was collecting shells for Noah's grandmas (who haven't gotten them yet!).
A highlight: the Ripley's Aquarium. This is the ray pool.
And here's the tropical fish tank.
Sharks overhead!
And behind!
A gorgeous morning on our last day there.


1 comment:
What a fantastic memory for your family! It looks like you had a great time!
Post a Comment