It is possibly the one thing Noah has waited for and looked forward to the most in his young life...well, perhaps just as much as his birthday. But all told, he's been counting down the months, the weeks, and the days for the Toy Story 3 opening for the better part of a year.
I don't even recall now how he got turned on to the Toy Story franchise. I think he may have even watched No. 2 before the first film, perhaps at a sitter's house along the way. But at some point, Noah became a bona fide fan of Woody, Buzz, Slinky, Rex, Jessie, Bullseye and the rest of the Pixar gang.
The thing about the Toy Story series is that they are absolutely good movies, regardless of age. What could possibly be better than the concept that toys come alive—in happy ways, not in creepy "Chucky" horror flick fashions—and that their greatest dream is to be played with by imaginative kids?
So, I admit it, I looked forward to Toy Story 3 as much as Noah did. Not only was I ready for a fresh tale (heaven knows I have the first two movies memorized!), but I was eager to hear what kind of adventure the toys had next.
I tried to make this movie trip a bit more special. I made Noah a Zurg popcorn bag and had it ready for him to color when he woke up from his nap. Great idea, but my kid woke up grumpy as ALL get out, dazed, confused and just out of sorts. He dug the idea of the Zurg bag, but he wasn't feeling up to constructive playtime at that particular moment.
The movie was... excellent. In my opinion, they saved the best for last. I'm not sure how many times one can say that about a trilogy, but this time the Pixar folks really outdid themselves.
And the ending, without ruining it for you, had me in tears. It could have been all the imagery about a boy going off to college, or it could have been the touching scenes with Andy and his toys, but I was sniffling at rapid rates behind my jumbo 3-D goggles.
Go see it. Take your kids, your parents, your friends. You won't be disappointed!


2 comments:
Sharon took the kids to see it this weekend when she had them and I'm a little disappointed because I wanted to see it. The kids loved it so I guess thats all that matters.
So bummed that I haven't seen this yet. I plan to! Glad you guys enjoyed it!@
Post a Comment