Sometimes I wonder about modern-day kid "stuff"—all the toys with multiple gadgets, video games, fancy music players, you name it. Among my favorite childhood memories are snow forts, building mud pies on the beach at Lake Erie, and floating down Mohican River in a pile of 30–40 of my relatives. Nothin' fancy about it.
I think David and I both have a passion for the simple stuff and for sharing it with Noah. I can't wait to take little guy camping, and David's itching for him to be old enough to sit in the woods as the sun comes up while they wait for a Whitetail to cross their path.
One of the things I was eager to do this year was to canoe down Mohican again. It's been 5 or 6 years since we last sailed down that winding water, and I thought Noah would get a kick out it, if we could just get him to sit still enough in the boat to make it downstream.
On Father's Day weekend, David suggested we make our Mohican trip a reality, and that was that. By 10:30, we were paddling our way toward the pick-up point.
Very successful trip! Can't wait to get back for some more of the simpler things in life.


2 comments:
Fun!!
I am so happy to learn from you about the great things in Columbus for kids...
So super fun for you! Glad you guys went back there. I always smile when I think of Mohican and being in that river!
Post a Comment