Pastor Kai at Peace Lutheran Church in Gahanna said it best this morning during Easter Service, "A few months ago, as we were already buried in feet of snow and waiting for yet another winter storm, did you ever in a million years think that Easter weekend would dawn with 80-degree weather?" No, but I'm so glad it did.
What a dream the last few days have been. I say it every year, but Easter season is such a renewal for me. I missed having the chance to sing it out with Peace & Praise for the whole Lenten season (nothing more therapeutic than 4-part harmony in my opinion), but the positive change of weather helped move along my mindset to refocus and refresh.
The sugar buzz came in handy too. :) Noah, especially, enjoys the fact that the Easter Bunny leaves a trail of jelly beans, peanut butter eggs and delightfully tiny Kit-Kats in his wake. That bunny sure knows how to celebrate!
We tried egg dyeing again this year. I thought for certain Noah would be more impressed than he was last year, but once the dyeing part was over, he was done. I found the cutest Monster egg kit decorating kit and he was not the slightest bit intrigued at the idea of turning bright blue and pink eggs into googly-eyed ovals.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Bunnies & eggs & candy
So much for a son/mom portrait. Noah would not peel his eyes away from his eggs. He knew that money inside was just waiting to plink into his piggy bank.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That looks like such a great day! You and Noah look great.
Love the Monster eggs. I would have liked to make one. . .
Post a Comment