Noah's pediatrician didn't beat around the bush today for his 18-month, well-youngin' checkup. After the initial body pokes and prods, she started plotting his growth and chuckled, "Well, he's way off the charts."
Actually, it's just his height that's gone crazy. Noah's now 35.5" tall—already more than half of my pitiful 62-inch frame and well over the 100th percentile for his age. When he stepped on the big-kid scale, he weighed 30 pounds, which puts him in the muscular 85th–90th range.
As Dr. Murnen was examining him, Noah was chatting her ear off, talking about the light and laying down/standing up, etc. He blew her away with his verbiage, and I'm pretty sure I simply beamed. I'm not sure why, though. I suspect talking is just Noah's "thing." Perhaps I have a salesman (hopefully not sleazy) or a lawyer on my hands. Who knows?!
All in all, a fabulous checkup for peanut, and a bittersweet moment for me. The nurses kept using phrases like "next time we'll use the wall ruler since you're so tall" and "I think he's ready for the chewable vitamins." No evidence of baby to be seen. For the hundredth time, I can't believe how fast they grow!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
He's off the charts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
It all goes too fast. Keep enjoying him while you only have one.
He is so yummy, I could just eat him!
I'm glad to hear Noah is happy and healthy.
That's great....sounds like Noah is healthy as can be and very smart! It always makes you feel good as a parent to hear those kinds of things. :)
Post a Comment