I'm getting close to asking to borrow someone's Ouija Board. I'm to the point now where I feel as if I need to attempt to communicate with our ghosty friends rather than just witness their presence from time to time. (Wondering what I'm talking about? Read up on my previous supernatural and disturbing encounters.)
So what's the latest? It's the darn attic access panel. It moved, again. And again, David didn't move it (and you bet your bottom dollar I didn't touch the darn thing either).
It was one day last week when it was extraordinarily cold outside when I happened to notice that our bedroom felt icy cold. Granted, wind seeps into every corner of our outdated home (those windows and door frames are real money-munchers), but our bedroom usually stays somewhere in the decent temperature range. Out of curiosity, I approached our closet, pulled the light string and looked up.
I saw what I was really hoping not to: our access panel had been misplaced again. By that, I mean that it was resting up on its edges again (several inches from its boxed-in ledge)—a feat impossible of wind, mischievous wishes or super-powered critters. No, not even the flying squirrel that made its way to our mantel earlier this month could have finagled the panel yet again.
I walked into the living room and said to David, "Please make me feel better and tell me that you moved the attic panel." I expected his response: "Nope."
Shoot!
I couldn't have the darn thing open a moment longer. Not only was it freezing with the chilly attic air wafting down into our bedroom, but I do not enjoy the thought of that panel being open. I have no idea what could possibly pass through it, but I do not want to find out.
Since that day, I've certainly had an overactive imagination. I've seen a few shadows that I can't explain (but someone else probably could). But then there's yesterday...
I was sitting with Noah in the living room and all of the sudden his new remote-controlled jeep zoomed backward about three inches and rocked in place. The motion startled my cat and me, as both of us were just a few feet away. As I was about to praise Noah for learning how to work the complicated remote, I turned toward him and saw that he didn't have the controller in his hands. I quickly glanced around the room and ultimately saw the remote sitting on the end table next to my chair, controller buttons not touching anything (and no one touching them).
I'm fairly certain I sighed then, feeling a bit dismayed that I have yet another unexplained "incident."
I will say this about our seemingly supernatural presence: it doesn't appear to be mean or harmful. If anything, I think it seems to like toys and making mayhem, in a fun sort of way. At least, that's the theory I'm sticking to!
Oh, the panel? It's in place again... for now.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
The ghost is back
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
No way. No freakin' way. How do you SLEEP at night??? AH! I'm scared! Remind me (in person because it's rather lengthy) to tell you about my friend's dresser... I swear ghosts are real.
Stop-- I can't take that! At least your ghost isn't doing anything too freaky.
I won't be coming to visit any time soon. . .
That is really freaky......I definitely believe in spirits and ghost so I'm sure it's someone but who??? Maybe it's a child since it likes toys? At least it's a friendly ghost I guess. My mom loves that stuff she'll come check it out if you want??? :)
Ok so if you didn't have other things happening like toys playing by themself I would think you had someone living in your attic like that man that was just caught!
You know I believe in ghost and I think you should call Ghost Hunters in. :))
I know we dont have room, but you need to come to my house and live here.
Em
I think its a child for the record.
Post a Comment