We're knee-deep in stomach flu this week, which means my son Noah has taken a ridiculous amount of baths and showers. Blame my gurgly tummy (yep, I've got the flu too), but I can't stand the "eau de puke" that wafts from my toddler's skin if we don't do a full-body rinse after each spewing.
So on Monday, following the second change of clothes and the second spewing, I traipsed my son down to the bathroom for a strip-down and power wash. When we got there, I realized all the clean towels were in neatly folded stacks in the living room. Ever the multi-tasker, I turned on the water and instructed Noah to "come with mama to get a towel."
He did not come with mama. Instead, he climbed into the filling tub, clothes and all. When I returned 5 seconds later, he was gleefully letting the water run down his sleeve while his socks started to independently float off his body.
You'd never know he was sick from this happy face (but don't study the blobs on his shirt too closely... yuck).
My husband thought it was so funny that Noah climbed in the tub fully dressed that he encouraged him to sit down to get the full effect. That was all well and good for a chuckle until it came time for me to peel off the sopping wet clothes and soggy diaper, which turned out to contain No. 2's glory. What a treat.
Take your kid pictures—flu and all—on down to Candid Carrie's. She's having a party today!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Friday Photo Fiesta: a new way to bathe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
Gotta love the randomness of kids. Hope he feels better soon.
You just have to capture every single event with the kids - even if it involves puke.
Why is it they can still play and smile when spewing and all I want to do is crawl in the bed and sleep--and definitely not smile?? Very cute litte boy--hope he is feeling better.
LOL!! I have one like that of my youngest but not being sick he just wasn't undressed yet.
HAPPY Fx4!
I love the cheesy smile on Noah's face. I'm glad to see that even sick he still is a cutie pie!
Oh no! I hope the pukies are all gone by next week. Poor you!
Noah sure is a cutie, sick and all :)
That is a great pic. Look at that smile! Sorry to hear you are all sick.... :( Hope you feel better by next week!
oh tiffers!! My little boyfriend is so freaken adorable!! I love the first pic... it reminds me of a cat in the shower :P
how stinkin' cute....pun intended. poor guy i hope he gets to feeling better. i hope you let daddy take care of the poo!
Oh man! I know how you feel. We are just recovering from the stomach flu. Not fun. My oldest threw up 17 times in 11 hours. So I feel for you. At least he knows how to get clean right?!
There are days that I feel like doing the same exact thing (showering in my clothes).
Been there! I certainly hope you guys feel better really soon!
Love the pictures though, he doesnt look sick at all!
I love you guys!!
Em
Post a Comment