Monday, January 2, 2012

New year, new me

You can blame the iPad. It's infinitely harder to blog (aka type) on the iPad I received last year. And well, without the computer in my lap every night, I wasn't reminded to blog as often... or ever.

And, things have been busy! Both David and I took new jobs last year—he went back to painting and I moved into a project management position for our company—so we've been working on getting our professional selves up and running.

Last year I concentrated a whole lot of energy on losing weight too.

Again.

I low-carbed my way down to post-wedding, pre-baby weight and have done a fine job of staying put until the holidays. This year I plan to zap those seven careless cookie pounds, along with 10 of their friends, and call that done.

I'm also going to see if I can tackle the mystery of balancing the time needed to cook from scratch every day (a low-carb bonus), working full-time, being the home caretaker, being a mom and wife, and finding a few minutes to resume an exercise regime. Since Noah came along, I haven't maintained that balance for more than a few months at a time. I know other people can do it, so here's my resolve to do it too.

What else?

  1. Organize paperwork at home
  2. Pay off debt
  3. Blog more
  4. Coupon (a passion I discovered this year that saved me big bucks!)
  5. Finish redoing two rooms of our house
It's trite, this whole New Year's Resolution business, but I actually look forward to it every year. I live and die by a to-do list, and this January numbering is the granddaddy of them all. Long live resolutions, and may I fulfill each and every one!

No comments: