We went to feed the ducks or geese on Saturday at Kokosing Lake. I had a collection of stale bread and buns in the fridge and thought that would be the perfect way to recycle them.
Turns out, the ducks and geese weren't into the idea of a bread buffet. In fact, they weren't into the idea of being present. Giant lake: no birds.
Instead, we decided to let Noah stretch his legs and walk over the Kokosing Dam. He only walked about 50 steps before he requested a ride on Daddy's shoulders. I was asked to take my turn mid-way down, but my mystery rash automatically disqualified me as a carrier candidate.
I love simple moments like this: just us, walking together and admiring the view. We talked about the colors of flowers dotting the landscape, the kinds of trees shading our way, the butterflies dancing in the air around us. Good family fun.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Simple Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Walks are the best. The boys and I have the best conversations when there are no distractions.
Post a Comment