Thursday, August 20, 2009

25-hour whirlwind tour: Uncle Jeff's house

Please forgive this highly delayed recap of my life the last two weeks. I've been so busy at work I haven't had a moment to update my blog. I'm going to try to play catch up the next few days before I disappear into non-stop working once again.

A few weeks ago my sister and her family made a rare visit (from Wisconsin) to town—"town" meaning Greene township in Northeast Ohio, home of Mom and Dad. That was a great reason to make a quick trip north.

A few months ago, my brother Jeff's family moved into a new home, and I had yet to see the new digs. Reason No. 2 to head north.

Many months ago, my Grandma Dilley fell down a flight of stairs and broke her arm. Her recovery has been long, and my visits with her in that time were altogether too short. Definitely reason No. 3 to get in the car and GO!

And let's not forget my mom and dad and all my other loved ones who live there. You can see the pattern; I was overdue to get back to my roots.

The problem was that I didn't really have any free time and my sister's planned visit was scheduled during the week. So I mapped out a 25-hour whirlwind trip home to visit as many people as I could and return to Mount Vernon without actually having to take any time off.

Noah and I left at 4 PM on a Monday and made it to my brother's house by 7ish. We joined the rest of my family (minus my brother Tim & crew) for a barbecue, followed by a hole or two of golf on the course that surrounds Jeff's development. The highlights:

Camey was not feeling well that night, but she braved a few big smiles for her Auntie Tif while Daddy gave her an early bath.



Noah still thinks he's big enough for a walker. This one belonged to him, and we lent it to Jeff and Emily to use for Camers. I don't think she's too interested in it yet, though. Seems she's got a better method of getting around: crawling! Gotta love Brendan in this pic too. He is too darn sweet with Noah.


Auntie Jen and Uncle Chris brought Noah their boys' old golf clubs. Noah preferred the plastic red putter in his miniature bag of sticks, despite the fact that he had a choice of several real ones crafted to toddler proportions. Evs provided instruction, of course, and patiently waited his turn to swing too.


Here's Noah's first time on a real course, complete with tee and ball!


And here he is in action:



Nice view!


Andrew, a regular junior tournament golfer, works on his putt to finish the hole.


Tomorrow: "Great-Gamma Diwee's house."

1 comment:

Jen said...

Cute pics. Love the video. Hope he has gotten more use of the clubs! We were glad to see you guys, too!