So our neighbor, George, a sweet 70-something and weathered man, pulled up to David the other day on his lawn mower and relayed a bit a bad news.
I had just talked to George a few minutes before and he declined to mention this news to me. In fact, he told David that he didn't want to upset me, but he thought we ought to know...
Know what?
Oh, just that a while back when George had his septic tank serviced, the repairman opened the lid to the greeting of a copperhead snake! A what?!
Allow me a minute to recover before David adds, "Where there's one, there's many."
Yeah, yeah, I know I live in the woods and all, and that this shouldn't be shocking news to me. But I'm a little leery of the idea of venomous snakes parading around in my yard. I've never seen one and the slithery fellow at George's house did not live to see another day, but it gives me the willies nonetheless.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Our new neighbor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
So the next time I come to vist I don't think I will be walking around your yard! :)
*shiver*
Seriously??? I promise not to tell my boys that. . . Yikes!
Good thinking, Jen. I can't imagine what Brendan would say to spiders AND snakes! :)
Post a Comment