Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring!!


I feel like the dog in the Beggin' Strips commercial, but instead of triumphantly shouting out, "It's bacon!" I'm singing the praises of warmer temperatures and the melting snow.

It's springtime! Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy, it's springtime!

The feeling in my family is mutual. I can't remember being this cooped up in years. Noah wasn't the only one looking longingly out our bay window for months on end. Though I'm usually happy to pop a squat indoors (albeit with the window and doors open), even I have been itching to feel ground beneath my feet instead of wood, carpet and concrete.


Before the snow had even fully melted, we sought out the least muddy playgrounds in the area, happy to breathe in cool, fresh air even though it meant we were shivering after just 20 minutes. Didn't matter—we were outside!

In the last few weeks as warm winds have graced Central Ohio, we've crammed in a myriad of activities, soaking it all up: fishing, picnicing, yard work, jungle gyms and any other excuse we could make to delay our return indoors.




Bring on the sunshine, bring on the grass, hello, birds, it's spring at last!

1 comment:

JWilson said...

It was so nice last week to be outside running and playing then this week has hit and what a bummer the rain is. :)