Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy thoughts

Two things made me smile this morning at church, and I just had to share them.

1) A little boy was baptized today at the 10 o'clock service. His name was Rocco Deluca. Isn't that a GREAT name?! That little guy was flippin' adorable, and he has a fabulous name too. Lucky guy.

2) On the Sundays I sing, I get a bird's-eye view of all the folks in church because Peace & Praise (the praise team/band) stands on a large stage in the front of the auditorium (okay, it's really a gym...). My favorite thing to do is to scan the audience for cute babies and swanky outfits (there are some great dressers in our church!). So, as we're gearing up for Communion today, and we get to the part where we say the Lord's Prayer...a family in the very front row, who comes to church every week, suddenly grabs each other's hands just as the prayer starts. I don't know if that's something they usually do, but it really warmed my heart. There was just such unity in that move. And that family even has a young daughter (high school? college). Not only did she not roll her eyes, but she even seemed to hold her parents' hands even tighter. It was neat... really neat!

These are the the little things in life that make me happy... and that make me think this world isn't such a bad place after all.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That makes me happy too! Thank you for sharing, love you sweetie!

The Arthurs said...

Love the hand-holding story. I have this strange tug in my heart to hold SOMEBODY'S hand during prayers as well. Usually I just hold my own... but I look forward to when I can hold my lil ones'!