We have a tradition in our house: someone must be sick on Valentine's Day. Generally speaking, we go low-key on this holiday anyway. David's birthday is a mere 10 days after the love fest, so it makes sense to combine efforts and save our grown-up night out & gift exchanging to one happy occasion.
But every year we appear to take "low key" to whole new levels. Usually one of us is FOB: Flat on Our Back. A few years ago, Noah threw up at a diner Valentine's morning with the onset of Rotovirus that stayed with us for three weeks. The next year we visited Urgent Care for Noah's ear infection/cold. This year, Noah and I were both sick, recovering from a bout of Influenza A (nope, we didn't get flu shots... lesson learned).
That said, it didn't seem to keep our little man from trying out his new Toothless the dragon backpack/wing combo. He zoomed around the room... then coughed... then zoomed... then coughed. Rinse, repeat.
We also exchanged valentines. Noah gave one of his stickers to Isabelle, who looks a little less than thrilled.
I tried to take a nice picture of David and I on cuddled on the couch. I failed. Charming, right?
Much better angle this time around, with Noah:
Noah missed his Valentine's party at preschool because of his 103.9 fever, so I saved some of the heart cookies I made for his class so he could play Picasso at home. Our budding artist prefers frosting in hues of blue, since that's his favorite color. Reds and pinks never stood a chance.
We grown-ups actually had ambitious plans for Feb. 13: we were supposed to head to Mountaineer for some gambling and a sleepover (our first night out in... oh gosh, months and months). Blasted be the germs from a shopping cart or eliptical machine that made us couch-bound instead. Next time.


No comments:
Post a Comment