Here it is—more than two months after the Christmas season was in full swing, and I am just getting around to blogging about my holly jolly. I feel it's only fitting, since I have yet to write my thank-you notes as well (insert loud, drawn-out sigh here). I will get to them, though, and perhaps this round of composing will lead to another.
Each year, we have a minimum of five Christmas celebrations (the more, the merrier!). We have three in the Central Ohioish area, and two in Northeastern Ohio. Hence, Christmas South and Christmas North, as I am deeming them this year.
We spent Christmas Eve at David's grandmother's house. Santa's sleigh runneth over there each year, and the present opening keeps everyone busy for a while between our traditional bites of gooey pizza.
Noah's pile of presents, wrapped in the apropos Toy Story paper.
I am Buzz Lightyear, Space Ranger! Look at those wings!
Big Buzz, meet little Buzz.
Grandma Frazier & Noah get acquainted with some Max & Ruby bedtime stories.
The next morning, Santa came to our house too. I love—LOVE—the expression on a child's face as he rounds the corner to see a Christmas tree magically transformed with mounds of festive gifts. Noah didn't let me down. He was gleeful as he ran down the hallway and rounded the fireplace wall...
Christmas is here! Santa was here!
In our house, Santa's presents are separated from Mom & Dad's gifts. This was one of two things Noah asked Santa to bring him—a Buzz Lightyear with a Star Command Belt Buckle, and a Toy Story plate/cup/silverware set just like the one Mommy & Daddy gave to Will. Gosh that Santa is smart.
Mommy & Daddy found some things Noah would love too—spelling toys, a camera, some Scooby books, Toothless the dragon, a Buzz hoodie, and lots more things three-year-olds think are so cool. One thing we decided was an epic fail: Moon Dough. That stocking stuffer (aka Play-Doh imitation) crumbled all over our living room floor for one week before we threw it out and bought good old-fashioned Play-Doh instead.
Dazed Noah took a minute away from his goodies to get a squeeze from Mama.
Oh yes, there's a new bounce house. This is the BEST winter exercise/snow doldrums/distraction ever!
I love my new bounce house!
------------


1 comment:
Looks like it was a good Christmas
Post a Comment