Monday, November 15, 2010

We picked a peck of...

...apples! No peppers here, but Noah and I discovered some fantastic new apple varieties in our early-October outing.

While David was on his annual hunt for the deer who beat up Bambi (the only ones Noah allows him to shoot), Noah and I sought some fresh-off-the-trees Honeycrisps to fill up my produce bins at home.


Apparently, I was 3–4 weeks too late. Honeycrisps are a September apple—or at least they were this year. But yellow/green SUNcrisps were in season, and so were Fuji, so we filled up our bag in just a few minutes flat.




On our way home, we (literally) ran into the Utica Street Fair. Because the pull of fresh gyros is pretty strong for me, we decided to make a night out of it.

Noah loved the dragon roller coaster...


...and the mini scrambler, where the ride operator let the kids ride for at LEAST five minutes. I literally got sick to my stomach just watching them. UGH.

1 comment:

JWilson said...

mmm, I haven't had a fresh picked apple in a few years. Hope they were good.